What we are doing to manage challenges relating to the pandemic
We write to give you an update on what Motion Property is doing to manage challenges relating to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
Our Management team have formulated several escalated or preventative impact business continuity plans and considered a wide range of scenarios in relation to this growing outbreak. Our intent is to be factual and well prepared, but we do not wish to be alarmist in relation to this outbreak.
For now, we will continue to take a ‘business as usual’ approach to this outbreak. However, we are prepared to change this directive for our team members in future as government warnings and advice change. Our priority is to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19 and to prioritise the health and safety of our team members and our clients.
What this means for our clients:
- We are currently still working in the office. Our business is geared for our teams to work from home, we have invested in technology that will enable us to still take calls from our clients during business hours and access all the data and information if required. You can always reach us if you have any questions or queries.
- Rental disbursements will proceed as usual with our accounting team working remotely
Repairs & Maintenance
- We’re aiming to prioritise and limit the number of non-essential repairs and tasks across our property management portfolio. This means some repairs may be delayed
- We are working with our contractors to ensure continuity of services during a severe outbreak or lock down.
- Face to Face Routine Inspections have been suspended. We have introduced virtual inspections via Zoom, with reports still being issued to landlords.
Visitors to our offices
- All visitors will be required to sign-in including those just dropping into reception. We have also placed signs up to remind visitors that if they are unwell or have returned from a high-risk country to not enter the premises. We encourage visitors to contact us via phone where possible during the coming weeks.
- We’ve removed all non-essential contact across our company. Any required meetings that we have between our team, or with customers is strictly no contact. Video conferencing options are in place for those wanting to see our lovely faces.
- New tenant induction and sign-ups are now being done digitally.
Open Homes and Inspections:
Understandably a lot of people aren’t offering their homes to be open to the public at this time. We’re aiming to get as many buyers and prospective tenants as possible through the homes on the terms of the homeowners and tenants without risking their health and safety. We will aim to be consistently communicating the current situation with interested parties so please register your interest if you’re still looking to visit opens.
We’re following industry advice as follows:
- Have hand sanitizer available for use by anyone viewing the property
- Display COVID-19 information and hygiene notices at the property/auction, including a statement at the entrance saying that: Those who are feeling unwell may not enter the open home/auction
Anyone who has returned from abroad or has been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days should be self-isolating and may not enter the property if an attendee feels unwell within 14 days of attending an open home/auction, they should contact the agent
- For private viewings of open homes, the above information should be emailed to attendees in advance
We’ll also be taking advantage of digital technologies wherever possible to take tours into safe virtual environments. By digitally delivering media like photos and videos and 3d virtual walkthroughs.
What this means for our team:
We know our team is one of the main reasons for the success of our business. And their health and wellbeing is of utmost importance to us. We are implementing ‘keep safe’ initiatives to make sure they are fit and well:
- As we mentioned above, if the time comes, some of our team will have the ability to work from home. This helps to prevent the spread of the virus.
- Internal events, functions and travel are being cancelled or postponed.
- Our team has been briefed on the importance of cleanliness and the office has been topped up with sanitizers, disinfectants and cleaning wipes.
- We are lucky to work in a large open office. Our team members have the option to move to a more isolated at of the office to ensure they are limiting interaction with other team members.
- All team members are being urged to stay at home should they feel sick or develop flu-like symptoms.
Where does Motion Property fit into your situation?
We want to reach out to you to see if you have been affected. And if so, in what way? We all have financial commitments that will continue to exist yet there could be a reduction to income or work meaning that household cash-flow could be brought into focus.
- Are you currently in isolation? Can we assist with connecting you with organizations that can provide additional assistance?
- Do you have family or friends visiting from interstate or overseas and are stranded? Can we assist in finding more suitable short term accommodation for them?
- Has your employment situation changed? We are here to help – please get in touch so we can assess the best way to get you through these times.
Please consider landlord’s insurance if you don’t already have this in place. We can arrange this for you at a discounted rate.
Would it be helpful to:
- Refinance your home loan or Investment loan to a lower interest rate?
- Arrange for a top-up of current loan to help with cash flow?
- Switch to interest-only repayments (temporarily)?
- Extension of loan or financial hardship application?
We can assist and connect you with the best in the industry.
We are open to have a discussion about how you can tackle the next few weeks until we have a clearer idea of things.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support.