Boat House Renters FAQ’s

As we get closer to your move,  we wanted to share some important information to ensure your move is as easy and seamless as possible.

Some common queries we have been finding:

How long is the lease?

All of the apartments are individually owned. We are under instruction from most rental providers to secure leases of a minimum twelve-month term. Some rental providers may consider leases of six months or more.

Leases of less than six months will not be considered.

Are Pets allowed?

The rental provider may provide permission for you to keep a pet at the property providing you understand and acknowledge the following conditions:

  1. That the apartment be kept clean and free from animal droppings.
  2. That, in the event of any fleas being present as a result of the animal, it will be your responsibility to arrange for flea fumigation of the property prior to vacating the premises.
  3. You are responsible to repair any damage to the property caused by the animal.

What is the formal address of my apartment?

The formal street address of Boat House is 2 Joseph Road, Footscray.

How is my monthly rent calculated?

Your monthly rent is calculated based on the formulas below.

  • Weekly rent payments: divide the weekly rent by 7, e.g. $420 per week ÷ 7 = $60.00 per day
  • Annual rent payments: multiply the daily rent by 356, e.g. $60.00 per day x 365 = $21,900.00 per annum
  • Monthly rent payments: divide the annual rent by 12, e.g. $21,900.00 per annum ÷ 12 = $1,825.00 per month

Moving Procedure

Do I need to book my move-in date with the Building Manager?

Yes, all tenants are required to pre-book their move with building management to ensure lift protection is in place. The Building Manager’s contact details are as below.

Travis Faull
0419 708 198
[email protected]

How do I pick up keys?

You will need to call our office on 1300 850 730 to book a time to collect keys from our office on your lease commencement date.

If your lease commencement date is on a Saturday, please book a time slot after 1pm on the Friday before.

Please note that the bond will need to be paid into the same account as your rent and must be cleared funds prior to the lease commencement date. We cannot hand over keys without payment of the bond. 

Common Areas

Can visitors use the common areas?

Visitors of the apartments can only use the facilities if accompanied by a resident of the complex. Visitors are not permitted to use facilities on their own without supervision.

Are there any car permits provided?

Council does not provide any permits for on-street parking.

Is there a car wash bay?

There are no car wash bays on site.

Do all apartments come with storage cages?

Yes. We will advise you where your allocated storage cage is located as your lease commencement approaches.

Car Stackers and Shufflers (if applicable to your apartment)

How do I use my car stacker or shuffler? Are there any costs involved?

If you have a car stacker or shuffler, please note there will be inductions for all residents. These will be available for you to book in as your lease commencement approaches. You will not be able to use your car stacker or shuffler until you have been inducted. Please ensure you book in prior to moving in so you can use your car space from the day you move in.

There will be a cost of approximately $100.00 for the induction. We encourage all rental providers to reimburse renters for this expense but cannot enforce that they do so.

What are the measurements and weight restrictions?

Each space can support up to 2000kgs.

Lower Level – small/medium SUVs up to 1750mm height.
Ground Level – 4WDs up to 2050mm height.
Upper Level – Sedans up to 1500mm in height.

For more information about the car stacker system at Boat House, please click here.

How long does it take to get in/out of the car stacker or shuffler?

The car stacker and shuffler can take approximately 2-3 minutes to get your car in and out.

Inside the Apartment

What about hanging up artwork or pictures?

 If you would like to hang pictures that require nails, you must always ask your property manager first for permission. If you do not gain permission first and nail holes into the wall this will need to be rectified before the end of your tenancy. You are welcome to use adhesive hooks, however these can sometimes damage painted/wall paper surfaces. If damage does occur, you will be held responsible to fix this before the end of your tenancy.

Can I mount my TV on the wall?

Yes, you can. Provided:

  • It is installed in a professional manner or by a professional;
  • Upon vacating you patch and paint the wall to ensure the wall is left in the same condition as it was when you moved in.

Do all apartments come with blinds?

Yes, all apartments will be fitted with blinds. Most will be pre-fitted prior to your tenancy commencement, however some apartments may have temporary blinds for the first 7 – 10 days.

Can I measure my apartment prior to moving in?

You are welcome to attend one of our general weekday open inspections in order to measure your apartment. Please check our website for times and advise us the inspection time you will be coming to measure up.

Please note, we are exceptionally busy on the weekend inspections and won’t be able to take you through on Saturday’s.

Connection of Utilities

NBN Connection fees

When a brand new property is occupied and the NBN connected for the first time, there is an initial connection fee of $300.00. Legislation has not yet caught up to clearly define whether this cost should be covered by the tenant or the landlord. We always encourage landlords to reimburse tenants for the full NBN connection fee, however not all landlords will agree to this.

Electricity, Gas and Water

The electricity and gas provider for Boat House Apartments is embedded with WinConnect. We will provide you with more details as your lease commencement approaches.

Our connections partner ConnectNow will also contact you to assist with your water usage account. It is a requirement that you have your own water usage account in place with City West Water.

Defects & Maintenance

If there is any maintenance, who do I report it to?

It is important that you report any maintenance to your Property Manager immediately as the builder is required to attend to and maintenance or defects within the first three months.

Once reported, your Property Manager will co-ordinate access with the builders.

If there is any urgent maintenance outside of office hours between Monday-Friday 9:00-5:30pm that cannot wait until the next business day, please refer to the residents manual for on-call contractors.